The Autonomous Lab Car technology platform is a fully instrumented vehicle used in research on autonomous vehicle control. Beyond the scientific developments in the field of Automatic (environmental perception, trajectory planning and control), the emphasis is on the driver’s consideration in the control loop. One of the main points is the cooperation between the driver and the system thanks to the haptic sharing of the driving.
It is also used in teaching. The particularity of the school’s project is to have its students develop each of the technological components required to eventually achieve a full range of the vehicle. Most of the developments are therefore concentrated on the "software" parts, the sensors and actuators being identical versions to those used in the industry. The vehicle control system breaks down into different bricks, each meeting a specific need.
This equipment is part of the RITMEA CPER AV-Lab regional platform.
Le Mont Houy
59313 Valenciennes Cedex
Effectif total : 4
- Study and modelling of driver and user behaviour;
- Design, prototyping and evaluation of advanced driver assistance systems;
A specific methodology and tools supporting the methodology
Know-how related to automated driving:
- Trajectory planning, control (longitudinal and lateral)
- Multi-level cooperation with the driver
- Haptic shared control
- “Interactive” planning
Learning for Adaptation:
- Learning techniques
- Evolution of automation according to learning (preferences and adaptation)
- Stability – accuracy (mathematical evidence)
- Functional validation (numerical simulation, interactive simulation, real vehicle testing)
- Experimental validation with novice subjects (interactive simulator campaigns, real vehicle campaigns)
Example(s) of projects
• ANR CoCoVeA: 🡭
• ANR AutoConduct: Adapting the autonomous vehicle automation strategy to the needs and condition of the driver.
Internationales : Université NTU Singapour
- Measurement performance (video, lidar, CAN bus), etc.
|Inertial Control Unit and GPS-RTK||Ellipse 2D/||SBG|
|RTMAPS Software Suite||RTMAPS/||Intempora|
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Unit(s) of attachment
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Transport and Mobility
- Intelligent and autonomous vehicles
- Intelligent transportation systems