ICAP is the Cell Engineering and Protein Analysis Platform of the University of Picardie Jules Verne. It is located within the Centre Universitaire de Recherche en Santé (CURS) within the University Hospital of Amiens. It is open to the private and public sectors without any thematic, institutional or geographical conditions. The support offered by ICAP consists in the provision of advanced instruments for cell imaging and protein analysis to research teams, as well as support, scientific and technical assistance and, if necessary, user training. The staff ensures the maintenance, the evolution, by a constant technological watch.
The ICAP platform is part of the Institut de Chimie de Picardie FR CNRS 3085, which has been certified by the Ministry of Research and the CNRS as part of the latest HCERES wave.
Centre Universitaire de Recherche en Santé (CURS)
CHU Sud - Avenue Laënnec
80054 Amiens cedex 1
Chiffres clésEvery year: 10 academic projects, 4 industrial projects, a few thousand analyses in total
• Molecule analyses (peptides, proteins, metabolites), identification, exact mass, structural elucidation.
• Proteomics analyses, differential quantification (TMT, Label free, ...).
• Assays of molecules (peptides, metabolites, pesticides, ...) using MRM approaches.
• Metabolomic analyses.
2. Cell Imaging
• Flow cytometry: - Measurement and quantification of fluorescence of a large number of high-speed particles on different organelles; - Studies of physiological phenomena: cell cycle, apoptosis, ionic flux...
• Confocal microscopy: - Specific in situ localization of one or more fluorescent probes; - Acquisition of series of optical sections allowing 3D reconstruction; - Physiological studies with 4D study possibilities.
• Light-leaf microscopy: - Making optical slices of a large sample; - Acquisition of series of optical sections allowing 3D reconstruction; - Physiological studies with 4D study possibilities.
• Laser microdissection: - Isolation, under morphological control, of cells or groups of cells to perform genomic and/or proteomic studies using a UV laser beam.
3. Small animal imaging:
• Imaging: - Detection, localization, quantification of optical signal in bioluminescence and fluorescence in a dynamic and non-invasive manner.
• X-ray microtomography: X-ray imaging that allows you to visualize the internal structure of objects and organs in a dynamic and non-invasive way.
Example(s) of projects
ANR JCJC: 🡭
International: Annaba University, University of Beirut, HITS, USTH, UAEM, Biotechnology Center of Borj Cedria
- Health / wellness
- Science / Research
|Confocal microscope||LSM780 /||Zeiss|
|Light sheet microscope||LighSheet Z1 /||Zeiss|
|Laser Microdissector||Palm Beam/||Zeiss|
|Flow cytometer||FACS Canto II /||BD Biosciences|
|Mass spectrometer||Orbitrap XL /||Thermo Fischer Scientific|
|Mass spectrometer||Orbitrap FUSION /||Thermo Fischer Scientific|
|Mass spectrometer||XEVO-TQS /||Waters|
|Solid phase extraction robot||APEC GW-241 /||Gilson|
|High Performance Liquid Chromatography||U3000 micro-débits /||Thermo Fischer Scientific|
|High Performance Liquid Chromatography||U3000 nano-débits /||Thermo Fischer Scientific|
|High Performance Liquid Chromatography||H-Class microdébits /||Waters|
|Pipetting robot||EVO 150 /||Tecan|
|X-ray microtomograph||Skuscan 1176 /||Bruker|
|Multiplexing analysis apparatus||MagPix /||Merck Millipore|
|Photon Imager Small Animal Imaging Station||Photon Imager /||Biospace Lab|
|2D Gel System||Protean i12 IEF /||Bio-rad|
|Bead mill||MM400 /||Retsch|
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Animal feed - feed
- Biobased chemistry
- Biobased materials
- Sustainable production and mobilization of bioresources
- Chemistry and Materials
- Green chemistry
- Digital World and Robotics
- Artificial intelligence, image processing, data science
- Health and Nutrition
- Food ingredients
- Genetics, biomarkers and biomolecules
- Medicine of the future: new health equipment and e-health
- New therapeutic approaches
- Prevention, well-being and the silver economy
- Safe, healthy and sustainable food
- Societal and economic transition & Risk management
- Resilience, risk factors and fragility