Our platform is dedicated to the cultivation and experimentation in genetics, ecology and physiology of different plant and animal species. Our work and activities are constantly evolving due to the many new biological models studied.
We have 1000 m² of test grounds and 950 m² of greenhouse, including 600 m² of greenhouse with temperature, photoperiod and humidity control.
Bâtiment Serres, Avenue Paul Langevin
Campus Cité Scientifique, Université de Lille
59650 VILLENEUVE D'ASCQ
Chiffres clés• 60 users
• 35 European, national or regional projects
• 15 model species
• 6000 to 7000 plants managed on site
Effectif total : 4
• Phenotyping (vegetative and reproductive traits, pollen, seeds, photosynthetic yield)
• Botany (recognition, inventories, floristic surveys, etc.)
• Crops and production of different plant models
• Experimentation with different levels of climate control (cold, hot greenhouses, chambers and growing chambers)
• Experimentation in semi-natural conditions in landscaped outdoor areas (experimental grounds)
• Devices instrumented in natural sites
Example(s) of projects
• Metabolic characterization of chicory during run
• Study of the locus of self-incompatibility in the olive tree
- Science / Research
• Crops and production of different plant models for research programs including GM material
• Maintain collections of living materials
• Implementation and monitoring of experiments in protected environments, natural environments and confined spaces
• Monitoring of devices instrumented in natural sites
• Phenotyping characterization (vegetative and reproductive traits measurements, automated pollen counts, automated seed counts, fluorimetric photosynthetic yield measurement)
- 950 m² of greenhouse distributed in 2 cold greenhouses excluding frost of 200 and 150 m² and 600 m² of greenhouse hot conditions available in 12 compartments of 72 m², 35 m² and 16 m² with control by compartment of temperature, photoperiod and humidity. Several compartments are equipped with anti-insect nets allowing for example the conduct of experiments using pollination by bumblebees.
- two 35 m² growing rooms, the climatic parameters of which are controlled and offering the possibility of cultivation in hydroponics, a seed plant for seed conservation,
- 2 cold rooms
A laboratory includes the apparatus used for phenotyping: seed counter, leaf scanner, spectrometer, fluorimeter, image-taking system, etc.
Outside, are available:
- 2 x 1000 m² of fenced test grounds, including a 300 m² open ground,
- 3 x 18 m² varnishing pits
A rainwater recovery tank guarantees autonomy for watering.
Discover the detailed equipment list: 🡭
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Unit(s) of attachment
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Energy and Environment
- Observation, monitoring and management of the environment