Based on a project-based hotel structure, IRCICA has been developing interdisciplinary research for ten years to imagine and create responsible information and communication technologies. The IRCICA is home to about 120 research teachers, researchers, students, engineers and technicians from the four partner laboratories: CRIStAL, IEMN, PhLAM, L2EP.
The 4 research themes of IRCICA are: (i) connected objects, (ii) tactile and gesture interactions, (iii) photonics, (iv) bioinspired information treatments.
IRCICA’s research activities are based on three experimental platforms at the best international level in the fields of optical fibres (FIBERTECH-Lille), telecoms (Advanced Communication Systems) and virtual and immersive reality (PIRVI-REVICA).
• Nonlinear photonics in PCF fibers
• Active fibres
• Advanced photonic fibers
• Touch and gesture interaction
• Bio-inspired information processing architectures
Example(s) of publications
• Yosra Rekik et al., Multi-channel Tactile Feedback Based on User Finger Speed. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction , Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2021
- IT / software
- Science / Research
• Realization and experimentation of integrated architectures (software and hardware) for the deployment of autonomous and energy-efficient sensor networks.
• Environmental modeling (radio channel, interference)
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Digital World and Robotics