The CERAMATHS laboratory consists of two departments:
The Mathematics Department of CERAMATHS - DMATHS carries out its research activities in the following areas:
• Analysis and numerical resolution of partial differential equations.
• Topological optimization and study of curves and surfaces.
• The history of mathematics, the dissemination and popularization of mathematics, especially for secondary school teachers and students.
• Probabilities and statistics: modelling, description and estimation of random phenomena are studied (experimental designs, Gaussian processes, statistical learning...).
• Sub-variety differential geometry, lamination theory (qualitative and geometric study of differential equations), complex geometry.
• Number theory: Galoisian structure of integer rings in relation to cryptography and code theory.
The Materials and Processes Department - DMP, whose research activities of the Materials and Processes Department are generally concerned with the synthesis and development of ceramic or composite materials as well as functional coatings. The applications are diverse.
The DMP carries out among others the synthesis of phosphocalcic powders and the realization of porous bone substitutes and their functionalization for the medical field.
The DMP also develops expertise in manufacturing piezoelectric sensors/actuators and thermo-mechanical ceramics for the transport sector.
Various applications in the form of functional coatings, developed by soft chemistry, are also part of the department’s expertise.
CERAMATHS / DMATHS - Campus Mont Houy à Valenciennes
59 313 Valenciennes
Effectif total : 84
Personnel de recherche : 57
Personnel d'appui à la recherche : 8
• Traditional heat treatments and microwave heating, surface preparation, laser cutting,
• Microstrutural analyses, textural and surface analyses, thermal analyses,
• Mechanical characterizations, chemical-mineralogical-rheological analyses,
• Biological tests, electrical characterizations
Example(s) of projects
2. ANR PIEZO-BIO, STOCKCAR, ECONOMICS
3. Projets Interreg V; TECH2FAB, CUBISM, BIOHARV, TRANSPOR et H2020 REA (projet DOC 3D PRINTING) et H2020 Marie-Curie (AIMED project )
4. CPER CHEMACT
5. STIMULE REGCAT
Example(s) of publications
2. D. MERCIER et V. REGNIER, Decay rate of the Timoshenko system with one boundary damping, Evol. Equ. Control Theory, vol. 8, No 2 (2019), 423-445.
3. C. DE COSTER et A.J. FERNANDEZ, Existence and multiplicity for an elliptic problem with critical growth in the gradient and sign-changing coefficients, Calculus of Variations and PDE 59 (2020), no. 3, article number 97.
4. T. CHAUMONT-FRELET, D. GALLISTL, S. NICAISE et J. TOMEZYK, Wavenumber explicit convergence analysis for finite element discretizations of time-harmonic wave propagation problems with perfectly matched layers, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 20 (1), 2022, p. 1-52.
5. C. CALGARO, C. COLIN and E. CREUSE. A combined finite volume - finite element scheme for a low-Mach system involving a Joule term. AIMS Mathematics, AIMS Press, 2020, 5 (1), pp.311-331.
6. J. SADET, F. MASSA, T. TISON, I. TURPIN-MASSA, B. LALLEMAND, E-G.TALBI, Homotopy perturbation technique for improving solutions of large quadratic eigenvalue problems: Application to friction-induced vibration, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 153 (2), 2021. 🡭
7. A. F. LOPEZ-LOPERA, D. IDIER, J. ROHMER and F. BACHOC, Multioutput Gaussian processes with functional data: A study on coastal flood hazard assessment, Reliability Engineering and System Safety 🡭
All publications can be found here : 🡭
International : nal: U-Mons Belgium, University of Porto Portugal, Limerick University Ireland, Institute of glasses Madrid Spain, El Jadida University Morocco, Setif University Algeria. University of Bologna (Italy), L'Aquila University (Italy), University of Turin (Italy), University of Bologna (Italy), University of Milan (Italy), University of Trieste (Italy), University of Munich (Germany), University of Hagen (Germany), University of Jena (Germany)University of Ljibljana (Slovenia), Lebanese University (Lebanon), University of Granada (Spain), Free University of Brussels (Belgium), University of Iceland (Iceland), Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium), Universities of Tsinghua and Nankai (China)Moulay Ismaïl University in Errachidia (Morocco)
Ceramic synthesis, grinding, compaction, ceramic casting, additive manufacturing, traditional and microwave heat treatments, surface preparation, laser cutting, microstructural analyses, textural and surface analyses, thermal analyses, mechanical characterizations, chemical-mineralogical-rheological analyses, electrical characterizations, feasibility studies, industrial expertise, process studies, prototyping, technology transfer.
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Chemistry and Materials
- Coatings and surface treatments
- Industrial processes engineering, efficient processes
- Recycling of materials and efficient use of material resources
- Textiles, composites, materials
- Cultural and creative industries
- Applications, outreach and cognitive sciences
- Digital World and Robotics
- Digital modeling, digital twins, data visualization
- Energy and Environment
- Energy efficiency and storage
- Health and Nutrition
- Medicine of the future: new health equipment and e-health
- Prevention, well-being and the silver economy
- Maritime Ambitions
- Protection and development of the coastline
- Transport and Mobility
- Intelligent and autonomous vehicles
- Multi-modality, flow management, infrastructure and logistics
- Reduction of pollution and energy consumption
- Robustness and reliability
- Security and defense in transport