Our platform performs experiments in the field of materials chemistry but also in biology by implementing state-of-the-art electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) and imaging techniques. We propose methodological developments, direct measurements of magnetic properties as well as measurements of numerous properties under magnetic field (electronic transport, thermal conductivity, thermoelectric effect...). We perform EPR measurements in continuous and pulsed mode on a variety of materials used in different research fields such as catalysis, energy storage and also in biological systems. We are open to all academic and industrial collaborations and propose services in line with our expertise.
Bâtiment C4, Avenue Paul Langevin
Campus Cité scientifique, Université de Lille
59655 VILLENEUVE D'ASCQ
Chiffres clés• 30 clients-partners/year
• 25 publications/year
• Investment 4,2 M€
• 15 projects/year including 3 industrial projects
• More than 100 projects since 2015
• ~ 1000 analyses/year
Effectif total : 5
• EPR measurements in continuous and pulsed mode
• Paramagnetic systems
• Magnetic measurements
• Magnetic interactions
• Nuclear imaging
• In operando coupling techniques
Collège de France, IRCP Paris, LRCS Amiens, CEA Grenoble
Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry (China), University of Mexico (Mexico), University of Edinburgh (UK), University of Vienna (Austria)
- Education / Training
- Science / Research
- Materials (Metal, Glass, Ceramic, Composite...)
• Development of T2 and T1 imaging but also nuclear imaging,
• Development of a low field spectrometer (300 MHz) for spatialization,
• Development of an automatic goniometer for pulsed cavities,
• Development of micro-strip resonators and surface antennas,
• Processing of spectra by chemometrics tools,
• Analysis of solid magnetic systems of all types.
• Characterization of magnetic properties of materials.
• Measurement of physical quantities under magnetic field at different temperatures. (Magnetization, Magnetic susceptibility, Specific heat, Electrical transport, Thermal transport).
• Structural and dynamic characterization of materials by X and Q band EPR in continuous and pulse waves and imaging.
• In operando techniques for catalysis and energy storage.
See the detailed list of equipment: http://lasir.cnrs.fr/spectroscopie-rpe/
|X-band EPR spectrometer||Elexsys E500/||Bruker|
|X-band EPR spectrometer||Elexsys E580 (imagerie CW)/||Bruker|
|X,Q band EPR spectrometer||Elexsys E580 (pulsed imaging)/||Bruker|
|PPMS Quantum Design||Dynacool 9T/||Quantum Design|
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Unit(s) of attachment
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Chemistry and Materials
- Industrial processes engineering, efficient processes
- Energy and Environment
- Energy efficiency and storage