The microfluid platform is dedicated to the study of the behavior of complex fluids essentially with two objectives:
- Objective 1: Fluid performance for thermal management of electrical systems. For this purpose, this platform allows the analysis of the evaporation of nanofluid drops, oils and emulsions, dielectric fluids and binary fluids under thermal stress. The experiments carried out make it possible to measure surface tensions, contact angles and evaporated flows on heated smooth or textured substrates. It optimizes the wettability of surfaces for optimal cooling.
- Objective 2: analysis of boiling in micro channels.
A test loop is used to track the boiling of refrigerants and heat transfer fluids in microchannel heat exchangers. High-level instrumentation allows visualizations in the visible and infrared domains, as well as measurements of velocity fields by Micro PIV.
- Objective 3: study of the behaviour of biological fluids.
These studies focus on the behaviour of medical fluids and their mixtures for application in the field of infusions and injections, as well as the behaviour of blood under thermal stress.
Le Mont Houy
Chiffres clésSince 2015, 5 theses including 3 in industrial partnerships
Effectif total : 7
• Set up test benches
• Thermal and fluidic metrology
Example(s) of projects
Article on boiling in micro channels: 🡭;
Evaporation in porous media: 🡭
- Automotive industry
- Science / Research
- Railway industry
• Design and construction of electrical system cooling devices: motors, power electronics, batteries
|optical profile analyzer||KRUS|
|3 infrared spatial resolution cameras||FLIR|
|Camera in the Visible||KEYANCE|
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Unit(s) of attachment
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Energy and Environment
- Energy efficiency and storage
- Health and Nutrition
- Medicine of the future: new health equipment and e-health