The multi-physics characterization platform (PCMP) is dedicated to micro/nanodevices, high-frequency components and communication systems and their interactions with the electromagnetic environment. PCMP platform addresses the entire value chain including the characterization of nanomaterials, electronic devices (fabricated within the CMNF of IEMN) and systems. PCMP is built around 4 instrumental services:
- A scanning probe microscopy service (PCP) allowing the observation and manipulation of nanometer-sized objects. This service is used in particular for monitoring technological processes, growth and characterization at the nanometer scale of materials and nanostructures
- A Microwave Characterization, Optics and Photonics (CHOP) service used for the evaluation of electronic devices or subsystems over a wide frequency range (up to THz) as well as the electrical characterization and imaging of microsystems and nano-devices.
- A service of characterization and electromagnetic compatibility (C2EM) between electronic/electrical equipment and their functional electromagnetic environment over a wide frequency range (kHz - 20 GHz).
- A service dedicated to the characterization of communicaton systems (SigmaCom) allowing to evaluate the performance of wired and wireless communication systems (5G, IoT, THz, optics...).
Dominique Deresmes (PCP)
Sophie Eliet Barois (CHOP)
Rédha Kassi (SigmaCom)
Lamine Koné (C2EM)
• Observation and handling of nanoscale objects
• Monitoring of technological processes, growth and characterization at the nanometric or atomic scale of materials and nanostructures
• Evaluation of the behavior of electronic components or subsystems over a wide frequency range (up to THz)
• Electrical characterization and imaging of microsystems and nano devices
• Electromagnetic interactions between electronic / electrical equipment and their functional electromagnetic environment over a wide frequency band (kHz to 20 GHz)
• Performance evaluation of wired and wireless communication systems (5G, IoT, THz, optical...)
Example(s) of projects
• Antennas characterization
- Networks / Telecom
- Aeronautics / Aerospace
- Automotive industry
- Electronic / photonics
- Science / Research
• Multi-physics characterization at the nanoscale (temperature, magnetism, adhesion, friction, viscoelasticity; vibrational measurements, conductivity, charges, ...)
• Study and production of measuring devices for EMC and telecoms.
• Prequalification tests on electronic / electrical equipment to international EMC standards
• Vector characterization under spikes (on-wafer) of DC components and circuits up to 1.1 THz
• Characterization under spikes of the DC at 67 GHz in Cryogenic regime
• Nano-characterization in microwave, medium-infrared and TeraHertz fields
• Design of new advanced hardware-software systems, up to the demonstrator
• Basic training in AFM and STM
• User training on certain equipment
• Probe station for DC to THz on-wafer characterization (by 7 frequency-bands)
• Cryogenic probe station for DC to 67 GHz on-wafer characterization
• Scanning probe Optical Microscope (SNOM) in Mid InfraRed and TeraHertz domain with associated lasers sources
• One radio frequency anechoic chamber (RFAC) of 137 m3 side intended.
• One 65 m3 modes stirrer reverberation chamber (MSRC).
• 4 Atomic Force Microscopes (AFM) operating in free air, liquid or controlled atmosphere:
Multimode, Dimension, Icon, Bioscope
• 2 Scanning Tunnelling Microscope (STM) operating under Ultra-High Vacuum and at Low temperature (4K, 35K)
• 2 AFM / STM microscopes
|Tunnel effect microscopes (STM) operating under Ultra-Vacuum and Low Temperature (4K, 35K)|
|Atomic Force Microscopes (AFM) operating in free air, liquid or controlled atmosphere|
|PCMP - 65 m3 Mode Mixing Reverberant Chamber|
|Near Field Microscope Medium-IR and TeraHertz and associated lasers|
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Unit(s) of attachment
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Digital World and Robotics
- Telecom, networks, photonics