Our unit is interested in the field of sport, physical activity or inactivity and its interrelation with the health of populations or physical performance. Our research topics take into account the socio-economic context (health benefits of exercise; sport and society) as well as public health priorities, particularly with respect to chronic pathologies (respiratory, metabolic or neuromuscular) or situations of vulnerability (physical, social, economic, psychological). We are open to all academic and industrial collaborations and propose services in line with our expertise.
- Justine Lepoutre
• Adapted physical activity
• Respiratory adaptations and dysfunctions during exercise
• Adaptations and metabolic dysfunctions to exercise
• Adaptations and dysfunctions of neuromuscular function
• Social change through physical and sports activity
• Physical education and sport
• Physical literacy
• Neuromuscular physiology
• Behavior regulation
• Sport and society
Example(s) of projects
• We are interested in the impact of post-translational modifications on the functions of alphaB-crystallin, a molecular chaperone with strong therapeutic potential in proteinopathies.
• We are interested in the prediction of glycemic variations as a function of exercise characteristics in people with diabetes (DOI 10.2337 / dc19-1928). Our results will contribute to the development of connected objects (artificial pancreas type) to avoid hypo and hyperglycemia.
• From a perspective of employee well-being and prevention, we are interested in the use of a remote therapeutic coaching platform offering physical exercises.
• Identify the sports practice formats most popular with young adults in Europe. The challenge is to better understand the European socio-cultural effect on the formats popular with young adults in a period of dropping out of physical life.
Example(s) of publications
• Hurdiel R, Riedy SM, Millet GP, Mauvieux B, Pezé T, Elsworth-Edelsten C, Dudoignon M, Zunquin G, Dupont G. Cognitive performance and self-reported sleepiness are modulated by time-of-day during a mountain ultramarathon. Research in Sports Medicine 2018, 26 (4) : 482-489 - doi: 10.1080/15438627.2018.1492401 🡭
• Heyman E, Daussin F, Wieczorek V, Caiazzo R, Matran R, Berthon P, Aucouturier J, Berthoin S, Descatoire A, Leclair E, Marais G, Combes A, Fontaine P, Tagougui S. Cardiovascular and Metabolic Risk - Muscle oxygen supply and use in type 1 diabetes, from ambient air to mitochondrial respiratory chain: Is there a limiting step? Diabetes Care 2020, 43 (1) : 209-218 - doi: 10.2337/dc19-1125 🡭
• Honta M, Basson J-C, Sallé L. The fight against physical inactivity at the local level. Urban governance et fragile partnerships, J Sport Health 2015, 6 (1) : 7- 17. doi:10.18848/2381-7070/CGP/v06i01/54075 🡭
• Nuytens W, Penin N, Duvant G. Les pleins pouvoirs ? Eléments de sociologie des arbitres de football en France. Déviance et Société 2020, 44 (1), 83-110
Discover the full list of publications here.
Universite d'Artois, ULCO, Sorbonne Universite, Universite de Montpellier, ...
University of Montreal (Canada), Stanford University (USA), Edinburgh Napier University (UK), Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- Education / Training
- Health / wellness
- Sports / Leisure
- Science / Research
• Design and testing of innovative therapeutic approaches to reduce the deleterious effects of prolonged bed rest (muscle atrophy, postural instability, etc.).
• Identification of potential therapeutic targets
Physical activity and sport
• Analysis of levers and barriers to physical activity
• Design of physical activity promotion programs based on populations, contexts and lifestyles
• Use of digital technology to promote physical activity
• Management and monitoring of training load and fatigue
• Objective and subjective measure of sleep
• Design and validation of questionnaires
• Design and validation of physical tests
• Multivariate statistical analysis and typology detection
• Individual and group interview techniques
• Measure of physical activity education (physical literacy)
• Objective measurement of the level of spontaneous physical activity, in ecological conditions, by accelerometry (Actigraph)
Exercise and sport physiology: theory and practice
• Micro and macrovascular adaptations to exercise
• Sleep, Physical Activity and Sport: Impact on Performance and Health
• Physical activity and energy expenditure
• Physical literacy
Methodology of organizational efficiency measures
• Training room
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Health and Nutrition
- Medicine of the future: new health equipment and e-health
- New therapeutic approaches
- Prevention, well-being and the silver economy
- Societal and economic transition & Risk management
- Resilience, risk factors and fragility
- Societal issues, employment, inclusion, social innovation