The LMPA consists of four teams representing major areas of mathematics:
• Algebra: Discrete mathematics. Algebraic combinatorics. Number theory. Probabilities
• Statistics: Ergodic theory. Random geometry. Censored models
• Analysis: Modelling. Mathematical physics. Analysis of partial differential equations.
• Approximation: Matrix calculation in very large dimensions. Application to image processing
• Large Scale Scientific Matrix Computing
• Control of partial differential equations
• Partial Differential Equations
• Mathematical modeling
• Spectral Theory of Operators
• Linear Differentials
• Probability / Statistics
• Algebraic combinatorics
• Lie Groups
• Ergodic theory
• Linear Dynamics
• Number theory
Example(s) of projects
This project aims to study in depth the algebraic structures associated with paths and stacks of cycles on finite and infinite graphs. One objective of this study is the determination of the connective and universal constants on the regular networks of the plan.
2. ANR ArithRand: 🡭
The objective of the Franco-Austrian project «Arithmetic Randomness» is to obtain advances on several open conjectures and important questions in analytical, metric, probabilistic and number additive theory.
3. ANR CARPLO: 🡭
The objective of the project is to explore the relationships between combinatorial Hopf algebras (AHC) and various questions of physics (renormalization), algebra (operades), control theory and probabilities (free probabilities, random walks).
Example(s) of publications
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Digital World and Robotics
- Digital modeling, digital twins, data visualization