The research conducted within the SSPC Unit aims to simplify the care of complex surgical patients
by applying, among others, the principles of Enhanced
Rehabilitation after Surgery (ERS).
The objectives of this Unit are to enable this simplification of the management of complex surgical
• Evaluating specific medical and surgical practices,
• Evaluating innovative care pathways,
• Performing minimally invasive surgery.
1 Rond Point du Professeur Christian Cabrol
Service de chirurgie digestive
80054 AMIENS CEDEX 1
Effectif total : 27
Personnel de recherche : 24
• What is a complex patient?
For the unit, a complex patient is defined as follows:
• A patient for whom the processes related to care cannot be either routine or standard (HAS)
• Patient requiring major surgery (lung resection)
• Patient operated in emergency
• Patient with underlying disease (age, ASA III....)
• Patient with a socio-economic and socio-cultural environment (deprivation)
• Patient with a post-operative complication
• What is enhanced rehabilitation after surgery (ARS)?
It is a set of pre-, intra- and post-operative measures aimed at reducing post-operative complications and therefore the length of stay of patients.
Example(s) of projects
This study evaluates the interest of postoperative antibiotic therapy after laparoscopic appendectomy for complicated forms of acute appendicitis (excluding generalized peritonitis).
Prospective, randomised phase III study against placebo
National PHRC 2016 to the tune of €890,204
Project sponsor: Digestive Surgery Department of the Amiens-Picardy University Hospital.
2. PHRC National CASPER project "Prospective multicenter double-blind study comparing Caspofungin to placebo for the treatment of ICU yeast intra-abdominal infection"
This study will evaluate whether antifungal treatment with Caspofungin, compared to placebo, increases survival in severe patients hospitalised in intensive care units for intra-abdominal candidiasis.
Prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
National PHRC 2017 with a budget of €1,205,260
Sponsor: Anesthesia-Resuscitation Department of the Amiens-Picardy University Hospital (CHU)
Example(s) of publications
2 - Genser, L ; Lim, C ; Barbier, L ; Regimbeau, JM ; Hobeika, C ; Goumard, C & al , Assessment of Factors Associated with Morbidity and Textbook Outcomes of Laparoscopic Liver Resection in Obese Patients: A French Nationwide Study., J Am Coll Surg, 2022,
3 - Dupont, H ; Malaquin, S ; Villeret, L ; Macq, PY ; Ammenouche, N ; Tinturier, F & al , Is ß-d-glucan Relevant for the Diagnosis and Follow-Up of Intensive Care Patients with Yeast-Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infection?, J Fungi (Basel), 2022, 8,
4 - Roger, C ; Garrigue, D ; Bouhours, G ; Dupont, H ; Bouzat, P ; Bardon, J & al , Time to source control and outcome in community-acquired intra-abdominal infections: The multicentre observational PERICOM study., Eur J Anaesthesiol, 2022,
5 - Pinson, J ; Tuech, JJ ; Ouaissi, M ; Mathonnet, M ; Mauvais, F ; Houivet, E & al , Role of protective stoma after primary anastomosis for generalized peritonitis due to perforated diverticulitis-DIVERTI 2 (a prospective multicenter randomized trial): rationale and design (nct04604730)., BMC Surg, 2022.
- Health / wellness
- Science / Research
The subject of simplification of care is articulated with many themes and specialties and therefore makes this structure at the national level attractive for students of M1, M2 and science thesis who come from various backgrounds, from various regions in France.
The international positioning is currently done through the list of publications (271) attached to the SSPC Unit since its creation.
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Health and Nutrition
- Medicine of the future: new health equipment and e-health
- New therapeutic approaches
- Prevention, well-being and the silver economy