The scientific identity of TVES is expressed through the four words in its title (Territories, Cities, Environment & Society), through the implementation of interdisciplinary research approaches and through the emphasis given to the spatial and territorial dimensions of the objects of study. Our scientific project (2020-2024) is based on the following research themes: Theme 1 - Organizing public space, building the living together (sub-themes: Accessibility and mobilities, transports- Tourism, recreation and sports activities, ludification of territories- Heritage, cultural practices and policies); Theme 2 - Revealing inequalities, adapting / sparing the territories (sub-themes: Risks, environment and territorial vulnerabilities - Nature, environment and management of territories - Transitions and socio-environmental inequalities); Theme 3 - Thinking and creating territories (sub-themes: Innovations and development of territories- Spatial practices, policies and territorial governance- Territorial engineering, tools and uses of digital technologies, decision support). TVES also includes an internal platform of geovisualization and geographic information processing, GEOVIZLAB, a methodological and technical support unit in the field of data collection, processing, analysis and representation. We are open to all academic and industrial collaborations and propose services in line with our expertise.
• Tourism, recreation and sports activities, playfulness of territories
• Heritage, cultural practices and policies
• Risks, environment and territorial vulnerabilities
• Nature, environment and territorial management
• Transitions and socio-environmental inequalities
• Innovations and territorial development
• Spatial practices, territorial policies and governance
• Territorial engineering, tools and uses of digital, decision support
Example(s) of projects
• Interreg project North-West Europe SURICATES on the reuse of sediments 🡭
• ANR Franco-Quebec project on the adaptation to climate change in coastal areas 🡭
• PUCA project on productive cities (Lille, Brussels) 🡭
• POPSU project PUCA cities 🡭
Example(s) of publications
• Catherine Bernié-Boissard, Thomas Perrin. L’Occitanie : une région, deux métropoles. Coupures et coutures territoriales au sein d’un espace régional. Méditerranée, Presses universitaires de Provence, 2021, pp.95-106.
• Thomas Perrin. De l’Arc méditerranéen à la Méditerranée occidentale : vers une macro-région ?. Méditerranée, Presses universitaires de Provence, 2021, pp.33-48.
• Christophe Gibout. Le Sahara marocain : une nouvelle frontière pour le tourisme sportif de bien-être. Teoros. Revue de recherche en tourisme, Université de Montréal, 2021.
• Thomas Perrin. La frontière, espace de coopération. Illustration depuis l’Europe. L'Information géographique, Armand Colin, 2021, Vol. 85 (1), pp.53-69.
Discover the complete list of publications here
- Administration / Public sector
- Education / Training
- Transportation / Logistics
- Science / Research
Affiliated institutions / organisations
Regional strategic areas of activity
- Cultural and creative industries
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, 3D and 360° Interaction
- Societal and economic transition & Risk management
- Transport and Mobility
- Access to mobility, travel modes